Monday, January 18, 2010

Burn 500 Calories by Crocheting?!

I recently came across an article on MSN discussing 50 ways to cut 500 calories a day. There are some fun tips and tricks in the article, but one definitely surprised me! Here is #21 on the list:

“21. Get out your knitting needles. An afternoon of knitting can burn more than 500 calories (at a rate of about 100 an hour).”


Okay, so I think it should say “crochet” not “knitting” or at least both, since they are fairly similar. I’m sure if you can burn more than 500 calories knitting, you can do so crocheting too! I think the point is to keep your hands and fingers busy to keep you from over eating when you’re bored. But I never knew you can burn that many calories from crocheting/knitting!! Perhaps the next time someone calls me lazy for sitting around crocheting all day I can tell them I’m exercising

You can read the MSN article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment